Dr. Nabeel H. Alharthi, Ph.D.
Director's message. Engineering materials are the backbone of any technology whether it is biomedical sciences, automotive and aerospace industries, energy, environment or security and defense sectors. The materials composition, processing conditions, and the surrounding environment influence their properties and service life. Whether these are metals/alloys, ceramics, polymers or composites, an in-depth knowledge of their properties, microstructure and fabrication is important. CEREM possesses excellent in-house capabilities in terms of laboratory infrastructure for materials processing and fabrication as well as testing and characterization for validation and prototyping. We offer expertise in the areas of:
- Problem solving and failure analysis
- Reverse engineering for technology development
- New products development / prototyping
CEREM was established to promote and support advancement in engineering materials by focusing on basic and applied research while dealing with specific engineering issues of direct benefits to the society both locally and globally. We strive to:
- Commit to educate and train researchers in engineering materials to meet the needs and requirements of the labor market.
- Ensure technology transfer to private sector in order to enhance local industry capabilities and competitiveness.
- Revolutionize advance manufacturing technologies, testing methodologies, utilization strategies and performance assessment of engineering materials.
- Enable national industries to expand and flourish by providing technical services and support.
- Materials innovations to promote and support the role of the Kingdom in advanced technologies.